REFLECTOR:Brake Fluid Mystery

Donald Royer reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:50:11 -0600


The purple colored dot 5 fluid turns yellow after being exposed to moisture
and air for a while. It sounds as throuigh you might have a small leak
somewhere aft of the gear bulkhead.

Don

> [Original Message]
> From: John Dibble <aminetech@dixie-net.com>
> To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
> Date: 8/10/03 1:47:08 PM
> Subject: REFLECTOR:Brake Fluid Mystery
>
> My co-pilot side reservoir is losing fluid, about 15 cc (1/2 oz) during
> a 6.5 hr flight (1 TOL).  I can't find the leak.  Inside the nose is dry
> as a bone.  I occasionally see a drop of yellow fluid on the rear corner
> of the pilot side gear door.  I am adding a purple colored dot 5 fluid.
> Any ideas?
>
> John
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose