REFLECTOR:IFR Ticket

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:28:57 -0400


This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35D22.8731AAF0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"

Wise words! 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
Dean May
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 3:26 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:IFR Ticket


What everyone is saying about the IRF ticket as a license to learn is true.
I have about 15,000 total hours and probably over 1000 hours of actual
instrument time, and I plan to use my ticket in the Velocity to only fly
through clouds to get on top and an occasional approach in order to land at
an airport.  I do not plan to do hard IFR.  That's what hotels are for.
Good luck.
 
Dean May
STGRG
200hp DeltaHawk

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Chuck  <mailto:cjensen@dts9000.com> Jensen 
To: 'reflector@tvbf.org' <mailto:'reflector@tvbf.org'>  
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 9:02 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR:IFR Ticket

Ronnie has certainly wetted a persons appetite for finally getting their IFR
ticket.  Oshkosh this year was a great example of the value.  Us VFRers were
always looking at the air show with one eye and checking the weather with
the other.  Since I've been flying for over 20 years, I thought it was
getting close to the time where it might be appropriate to upgrade the VFR
ticket.
 
Now, the best way?  Any experience or opinions out there about the best,
most efficient program?  The 10 day wonder programs look like about $3,500
and you stay there.  The PIC program is about $5,000 but you work out of
your home base, again for 10 intensive days.  I've heard so many unsat
experiences (not necessarily in our local, but everywhere) of attempting to
do it locally where the program is not well defined or organized and drags
out over many months, or longer.  
 
So, any thoughts or experiences to provide guidance.
 
Chuck


------_=_NextPart_001_01C35D22.8731AAF0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<TITLE>Re: REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity Europe</TITLE>

<STYLE type=text/css>BLOCKQUOTE {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
DL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
UL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
OL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
LI {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
</STYLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="COLOR: #800000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=944395119-07082003><FONT size=2>Wise 
words!&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma 
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org 
  [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Dean May<BR><B>Sent:</B> 
  Thursday, August 07, 2003 3:26 PM<BR><B>To:</B> 
  reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:IFR 
  Ticket<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>What everyone is saying about the IRF ticket 
  as a license to learn is true.&nbsp; I have about 15,000 total hours and 
  probably over 1000 hours of actual instrument time, and I plan to use my 
  ticket in the Velocity to only fly through clouds to get on top and an 
  occasional approach in order to land at an airport.&nbsp; I do not plan to do 
  hard IFR.&nbsp; That's what hotels are for.&nbsp; Good luck.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Dean May</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>STGRG</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>200hp DeltaHawk</FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr 
  style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV 
    style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> 
    <A title=cjensen@dts9000.com href="mailto:cjensen@dts9000.com">Chuck 
    Jensen</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=reflector@tvbf.org 
    href="mailto:'reflector@tvbf.org'">'reflector@tvbf.org'</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, August 07, 2003 9:02 
    AM</DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:IFR Ticket</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN class=677531813-07082003><FONT size=2>Ronnie has certainly wetted 
    a persons appetite for finally getting their IFR ticket.&nbsp; Oshkosh this 
    year was a great example of the value.&nbsp; Us VFRers were always looking 
    at the air show with one eye and checking the weather with the other.&nbsp; 
    Since I've been flying for over 20 years, I thought it was getting close to 
    the time where it might be appropriate to upgrade the VFR 
    ticket.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN class=677531813-07082003><FONT size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN class=677531813-07082003><FONT size=2>Now, the best way?&nbsp; 
    Any experience or opinions out there about the best, most efficient 
    program?&nbsp; The 10 day wonder programs look like about $3,500 and you 
    stay there.&nbsp; The PIC program is about $5,000 but you work out of your 
    home base, again for 10 intensive days.&nbsp; I've heard so many unsat 
    experiences (not necessarily in our local, but everywhere)&nbsp;of 
    attempting to do it locally where the program is not well defined or 
    organized and drags out over many months, or longer.&nbsp; 
    </FONT></SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN class=677531813-07082003><FONT size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN class=677531813-07082003><FONT size=2>So, any thoughts or 
    experiences to provide guidance.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN class=677531813-07082003><FONT size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN class=677531813-07082003><FONT 
  size=2>Chuck</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35D22.8731AAF0--