REFLECTOR:IFR Ticket

Dean May reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 14:26:00 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C35CEF.D2EEA460
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Re: REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity EuropeWhat everyone is saying about the IRF =
ticket as a license to learn is true.  I have about 15,000 total hours =
and probably over 1000 hours of actual instrument time, and I plan to =
use my ticket in the Velocity to only fly through clouds to get on top =
and an occasional approach in order to land at an airport.  I do not =
plan to do hard IFR.  That's what hotels are for.  Good luck.

Dean May
STGRG
200hp DeltaHawk
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Chuck Jensen=20
  To: 'reflector@tvbf.org'=20
  Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 9:02 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:IFR Ticket


  Ronnie has certainly wetted a persons appetite for finally getting =
their IFR ticket.  Oshkosh this year was a great example of the value.  =
Us VFRers were always looking at the air show with one eye and checking =
the weather with the other.  Since I've been flying for over 20 years, I =
thought it was getting close to the time where it might be appropriate =
to upgrade the VFR ticket.

  Now, the best way?  Any experience or opinions out there about the =
best, most efficient program?  The 10 day wonder programs look like =
about $3,500 and you stay there.  The PIC program is about $5,000 but =
you work out of your home base, again for 10 intensive days.  I've heard =
so many unsat experiences (not necessarily in our local, but everywhere) =
of attempting to do it locally where the program is not well defined or =
organized and drags out over many months, or longer. =20

  So, any thoughts or experiences to provide guidance.

  Chuck
------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C35CEF.D2EEA460
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Re: REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity Europe</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE type=3Dtext/css>BLOCKQUOTE {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
DL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
UL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
OL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
LI {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
</STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"COLOR: #800000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>What everyone is saying about the =
IRF ticket as=20
a license to learn is true.&nbsp; I have about 15,000 total hours and =
probably=20
over 1000 hours of actual instrument time, and I plan to use my ticket =
in the=20
Velocity to only fly through clouds to get on top and an occasional =
approach in=20
order to land at an airport.&nbsp; I do not plan to do hard IFR.&nbsp; =
That's=20
what hotels are for.&nbsp; Good luck.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Dean May</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>STGRG</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>200hp DeltaHawk</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dcjensen@dts9000.com =
href=3D"mailto:cjensen@dts9000.com">Chuck=20
  Jensen</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:'reflector@tvbf.org'">'reflector@tvbf.org'</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, August 07, 2003 =
9:02=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:IFR =
Ticket</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D677531813-07082003><FONT size=3D2>Ronnie has =
certainly wetted a=20
  persons appetite for finally getting their IFR ticket.&nbsp; Oshkosh =
this year=20
  was a great example of the value.&nbsp; Us VFRers were always looking =
at the=20
  air show with one eye and checking the weather with the other.&nbsp; =
Since=20
  I've been flying for over 20 years, I thought it was getting close to =
the time=20
  where it might be appropriate to upgrade the VFR =
ticket.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D677531813-07082003><FONT =
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D677531813-07082003><FONT size=3D2>Now, the best =
way?&nbsp; Any=20
  experience or opinions out there about the best, most efficient =
program?&nbsp;=20
  The 10 day wonder programs look like about $3,500 and you stay =
there.&nbsp;=20
  The PIC program is about $5,000 but you work out of your home base, =
again for=20
  10 intensive days.&nbsp; I've heard so many unsat experiences (not =
necessarily=20
  in our local, but everywhere)&nbsp;of attempting to do it locally =
where the=20
  program is not well defined or organized and drags out over many =
months, or=20
  longer.&nbsp; </FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D677531813-07082003><FONT =
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D677531813-07082003><FONT size=3D2>So, any thoughts =
or=20
  experiences to provide guidance.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D677531813-07082003><FONT =
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D677531813-07082003><FONT=20
size=3D2>Chuck</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C35CEF.D2EEA460--