REFLECTOR:Nose Gear Shimmy

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:11:17 EDT


--part1_b8.45af7917.2c62c8f5_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Chuck, 

I suspect that the major downside to low pressure in the front nose is tire 
distortion when you touch down at relatively high speed and the nose wheel 
drops on with some load. From my view that may be the genesis of shimmy, but I 
don't know. 

I have tried to stick with the factory recommendations in this regard. 

Bob

--part1_b8.45af7917.2c62c8f5_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Chuck, <BR>
<BR>
I suspect that the major downside to low pressure in the front nose is tire=20=
distortion when you touch down at relatively high speed and the nose wheel d=
rops on with some load. From my view that may be the genesis of shimmy, but=20=
I don't know. <BR>
<BR>
I have tried to stick with the factory recommendations in this regard. <BR>
<BR>
Bob</FONT></HTML>

--part1_b8.45af7917.2c62c8f5_boundary--