REFLECTOR:NACA inlet shape
Pat Shea
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
Jerry,
If you don't have the top naca inlets pre-molded into
your fuselage, the factory sells a kit w/ templates
and instructions to do just what you are proposing. Be
sure to get the kit for you engine (they used to offer
two different sizes). They also sell runners that fit
these nacas.
The aspect ratio of the opening is not optimal, but
rather a reasonable compromise for our application.
Unlike the ramp angle (which is good), the aspect
ratio is not as critical for good naca efficiency. The
factory's nacas are working well in the field.
It's the "nacas" up front (oil/vent) that don't
really work as such. Basically, they are "ram air
scoops" disguised as "nacas".
Pat
--- Jerry.Brainard@anthem.com wrote:
> The kit that I have does not have the pre-molded
> NACA inlets for engine
> cooling. While I could purchase them from the
> factory, it seems that it
> should be easy to make them by cutting the fuselage
> and use that to make
> the inlet. I think someone mentioned that the
> factory shape may not be
> quite right. I thought someone had a drawing or the
> NACA source
> information on the shape and proportions. If
> possible, I would like to get
> the details so that I can make my own.
>
> Jerry
>
>
>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message,
> including any attachments, is
> for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
> may contain confidential
> and privileged information or otherwise protected by
> law. Any unauthorized
> review, use, disclosure or distribution is
> prohibited. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender by
> reply e-mail and destroy
> all copies of the original message.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com