REFLECTOR:Small world of Velocity
Christopher Barber
reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:13:57 -0500
Went flying with a buddy yesterday, Sunday, and wound up at a nice little
fly-in restaurant in Brenham, Texas (really nice destination...50's theme,
cute waitresses in poodle skirts, classic music on the jukebox, very clean
place). As we are walking back to the rented Spam Can Cessna what do ya
think appeared from around the nose of another friends RV (who just happened
to be eating there too)....yep, a standard clamshell Velocity. I nearly
fell over. Sweet machine (MT prop, well kept). Just as I was about to
leave a note, I see a guy walking up with a Velocity shirt on....I am
nobodies fool, I figure this must be the pilot <g>
If I understood the new owner, Chuck Less, correctly, this is one of the
notorious "drug running" planes that was bought at action (by Dwaine, I
think he said). Now he bought it and just had it ferried down from New York
to his new home in North Houston.
What a small world. He was unaware of the Reflector (he is having issues
with the Prop and needs insight that I do not have). I will be emailing him
information in a few minutes.
FWIW.
All the best,
Chris
Christopher Barber
Attorney and Counselor at Law
11930 S Sam Houston Pkwy E
Suite 103
Houston, Texas 77089-4755
281-464-LAWS (5297)
281-754-4168 (Fax)
"Serving the needs of Senior Texans"
CBarber@TexasAttorney.net
www.TexasAttorney.net