REFLECTOR:Headset jack wiring

Brett Ferrell reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:19:56 -0400


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C30E9D.76F18560
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Is there a good place to find out everything you need to know to wire =
your headet and microphone jacks?  I've found some info, and it looks =
like I should run 20 ga shielded wire to each, 3 strand to the mic and 2 =
strand to the headset, and solder them, but is it that simple?

Brett
------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C30E9D.76F18560
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is there a good place to find out =
everything you=20
need to know to wire your headet and microphone jacks?&nbsp; I've found =
some=20
info, and it looks like I should run 20 ga shielded wire to each, 3 =
strand to=20
the mic and 2 strand to the headset, and solder them, but is it that=20
simple?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>Brett</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C30E9D.76F18560--