REFLECTOR:Manual confusion and baffle template....shocking!

Brett Ferrell reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 05:41:56 -0700


You probably got the answer by now, but you cut baffle 3/4 at that ~30 mark where it intersects the other baffles (since you do a double BID seal on all of the external bulkhead joings).  It's tight, but you should be able to get all of the baffles out of one sheet, though I'm going to have to get some more foam to make the false rear wall bulkhead to hide the fuel plumbing and things.

Brett

Quoting "texasattorney.net" <CBarber@texasattorney.net>:

> I started to cut out my baffles today using the
> provided templates.  There
> is VERY little info in both the old and the new
> manuals.  Well, my templates
> use one template being used for both baffle 3 & 4.
> (meaning, the template is
> clearly marked 3&4) This makes them both pretty long,
> 50 inches or longer.
> However, the drawings in the manual (both) show Baffle
> 3 as 30 inches long
> and no dimension for baffle 4, but it is shorter than
> baffle 3, so less than
> 30".
> 
> Of course, since templates seems SO obvious, I noticed
> the discrepancies
> after I cut the baffles.  This resulted in me not
> having quite enough blue
> foam (one baffle short).  Since these are too long, it
> should not be a
> problem cutting the last baffle out of the extra
> length of baffle 4.
> 
> What did I miss?  I reviewed and re-REviewed the
> manual and there is no
> notation about this template issue....that I could
> find.  I spoke to the
> factory Friday before I was ready to cut and asked if
> there was anything I
> should know.  I was assured it should be fine (I had a
> question since I had
> two templates for my rear bulkhead, but seem to only
> need one, while
> everything else only provides one template and I have
> to make two, one for
> each wing).
> 
> I am not ready to start my strakes yet, but, due to my
> fear that I would
> trash my blue foam if it were not glassed (and to
> bring it down from being
> suspended from one of our vaulted ceilings), I went
> ahead and glassed it
> last weekend and cut them for storage this weekend. 
> It was a snap to cut
> with a jigsaw, I just am confused about the templates.
> 
> I have not had success trying to get factory personnel
> on the weekends, so I
> toss the question to y'all.
> 
> Thoughts?  As always, thanks.
> 
> All the best,
> 
> Chris
> Houston
> www.LoneStarVelocity.com
> 
> Christopher Barber
> Attorney and Counselor at Law
> 11930 S Sam Houston Pkwy E
> Suite 103
> Houston, Texas 770894755
> 281-464-LAWS (5297)
> 281-754-4168 (fax)
> 
> CBarber@TexasAttorney.net
> www.TexasAttorney.net
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>