REFLECTOR:Canard foam

Noel Gattenby reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 23:15:25 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0120_01C30149.65FAC700
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Ok it's 11:00 at night, so maybe I'm not seeing something...

I just spent most of the evening bonding the blue foam to the leading =
and trailing edges of the canard spar.
It's for an SUV with the 173 wings... =20
The book says to add another 34 inches of foam to each end of the asm =
(114 inches long), for a total of 178 inches.
If you allow for trimming later that adds up...

My problem is the billet of foam that contains the extension foam is =
only 57 inches long.... =20
I can't get two pieces 34 long out of 57.

What am I missing here???  Do I need more foam? Am I building the wrong =
canard?  Do I just need to go to sleep and try again tomorrow???

Noel
3suv103


------=_NextPart_000_0120_01C30149.65FAC700
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2723.2500" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ok it's 11:00 at night, so maybe I'm =
not seeing=20
something...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just spent most of the evening =
bonding the blue=20
foam to the leading and trailing edges of the canard spar.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It's for an SUV with the 173 =
wings...&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The book says to add another 34 inches =
of foam to=20
each end of the asm (114 inches long), for a total of 178 =
inches.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If you allow for trimming later that =
adds=20
up...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My problem is the billet of foam that =
contains the=20
extension foam is only 57 inches long....&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can't get two pieces 34 long out of=20
57.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What am I missing here???&nbsp; Do I =
need more=20
foam? Am I building the wrong canard?&nbsp; Do I just need to go to =
sleep and=20
try again tomorrow???</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Noel</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>3suv103</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0120_01C30149.65FAC700--