Is there a recommended build order? I'm thinking that I'll do this:When I began work on my fast build kit, Scott said basically work from the nose back, except where obvious. (I think this was good advice.) Also, be sure you have read the entire manual at least once (twice!) so you know what has to happen to a particular area in the future. The manual is not always clear so you have to use your brain (shucks!). Also, get ALL the VVs, watch the videos carefully, and make notes from each into your manual because you will forget and there are many more efficient proceedures than shown in the manual.
When I'm leveling the hull to work on it, is it okay to support it on theJust leave it on the gear. Once you have the center section spar in place, you can support it there allowing you more flexibility to raise or lower the aircraft to best suit your build needs.
main gear and some sort of a block/jack for the nose, or do I have to lift
it off the gear?
Definately build a decent set of jacks, like in VV. You will be glad you did.
Check your fast build workmanship. I hate to admit it, but my fuselage was delivered to me with a number of errors; incorrect or inaccurate installation of components, incorrect cut lines, missing installations all together. Look close and look at everything! Do not trust what was supplied.
Good Luck,
Jack Reeder
Std Elite RG
N220VE