[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: REFLECTOR: elevator cuffs





>Mark suggested making the cuff 18" shorter, removing the outboard end of
it.
>Since I had just spent a couple days installing them I was pleased as punch
>:-) to get to take my grinder to them.  Anyone else thought about this?


I talked to a standard wing Velocity driver at Oshkosh (can't remember his
name) who said his plane was mostly built by Alan Shaw ( I won't tell
anyone) that had no cuff at all.  I recall Alan pointing out in the past
that the standard wing version should have the cuff.  Further thoughts,
Alan?

>---
>Another note: awhile back the factory sent me a refill order for fine bid.
>The material they got from their supplier was a heavier weight, "satin"
>weave that was very difficult to wet-out.  After using it for awhile I
asked
>them about it.  They sent me a replacement of the original material.  If
you
>got this stuff from them you may consider requesting the original.


That's the stuff I got with my kit; and learned to hate working with it.  It
is difficult to wet out, and it was difficult to get it to go around a
corner.  It wasn't until I was running out and bought replacement from AS
that found the fine BID was really could be easy to work with.

Al Gietzen