[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: REFLECTOR: N1QR comes alive.



In a message dated 7/25/99 8:51:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, 
hoffman3@erols.com writes:

> Several hours later, back at the airport, the EGT and CHT are normal. I
>  suspect that because I bundled the EGT & CHT probes together with the
>  spark plug wires, and running the probe leads through the firewall very
>  close to the mags, I upset the RMI Engine monitor. Plus, the electric
>  fuel pump would run because it wasn't grounded, so a ran a temporary
>  wire
>  between the pump ground and the probe shielding.

Hello Carl,

I work at a Toyota Dealer in the San Francisco area. We have had two cases 
where EMF radiation from the rear bank on the 6 cylinder Camry engines have 
caused false transmission trouble codes to be output by the engine control 
computer. DO NOT bundle circuits operating in the milli-volt range next to 
such a string emitter. If not possible, then use shielded wire and do not 
ground both ends of shield.

As far as the comment about idling as smooth as a "Harley", I would not fly 
if Hardley-Ableson built planes. They would weigh plenty, cost too much, have 
too much chrome on them and could be found along side the airways when they 
broke down. It is really something else to watch them all struggle to get to 
Richardson Grove up north during their annual pilgrimage called "The Redwood 
Run". I pretty much drive right on by on my much smaller japanese bike-the 
energizer bunny.

Good luck on the EMF problem. It had caused Toyota grief while figuring it 
out,

Dale Alexander
173 RG Gull-Wing