[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Nav lights
When running wires one thing that worked for me
was to use some nylon string. I taped it to a stiff wire for the first run
through the duct then tied it around subsequent wires to pull them through. I
used a clove hitch with some duct tape over it to help bind it and to taper the
end of the wire(s). At the same time I would pull another length of string
through so I could pull new wires from the other direction. I have tied a string
in each duct so that I'll be able to run wires in the future if need
be.
I apologize for the latest brouhaha. That was a
supposedly private conversation. I know it's unreasonable to expect perfection
in anything- look at the "new" Cessnas and their new AD's. Experience
reveals weaknesses which need improvement. I don't think the Velocity is
inherently dangerous otherwise I'd have stopped building years ago and worked on
something else. I have found nothing that I couldn't change to my own
satisfaction. I do feel I have to be on guard though. I think we have all seen
how seemingly minor details can be disasterous.
If something I have proposed is of dubious value
then criticism and discussion such as we have had can allow others to make up
their own minds. I will try not to be too vehement (alarmist? inflammatory?) in
the future. -Bill