REFLECTOR: Question for you SERG builders...

Tom Mann via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Wed Feb 24 08:37:36 CST 2016


Chris,
Did you get an answer to your question?
I’m assuming you have the setup where the “whale tail” connects to the aileron control cables just aft of the front seat bulkhead.
My plane (DMO-246) is setup this way.

If you still have questions, I can take some pictures/measurements this weekend.

Tom Mann

From: chris davis via Reflector 
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 10:55 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org 
Subject: REFLECTOR: Question for you SERG builders...

Did any of you experience clearance issues between the aileron bellcrank on the back of the keel plate and the main gear cylinder piston?
I'm doing test-fits of my keel now and I have zero clearance - sometimes it interferes with the movement of the bellcrank.

I've got the middle of the bearing to the crank 1" below the top of the inside of the keel per the manual.

Solutions I've thought of but don't like:
1) raise the keel plate. If I raise it past its current recommended position it is no longer flush with the back of the keel
2) lower the main gear cylinder bracket by digging out some of the hardpoint
3) shim the back of the keel up a bit 

If you had this issue, how did you resolve it?

Thanks,
Chris Davis
DMO-066


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20160224/99577e99/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list