REFLECTOR: Brake Master Cylinder

Tom Mann via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Wed Nov 4 07:56:28 CST 2015


>For those of you that have/had the original brake master cylinders 
>(actually clutch master cylinders from Datsun), has anyone found a 
>replacement/upgrade?
__________________________________________________
Not sure what you are looking for.
When I replaced my brake system I stuck with the Datsun B-210 clutch 
cylinders. I had to swap out the control rods and use the old pair but a 
snap ring pliers was the only requirement.
If you go that route, get the complete unit. They cost about $15 each and 
you won't find a rebuild kit.

If this is how you decide to go, use the Dot-5 brake fluid. The red-oil 
usually used in these aircraft braking systems will eat up the rubber cups 
in the clutch cylinders. Dot-3 Brake Fluid will eat up the o-rings in your 
calipers. Dot-5 will work with both.

Option 2 is the toe brakes (in order to use the Matco Master Cylinders.)
I haven't found a graceful way to incorporate the Matco Cylinder into the 
old system using the original rudder pedals.

T Mann





More information about the Reflector mailing list