REFLECTOR: Transporting a V with the spar attached

Dick Harpster via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Tue May 12 11:59:37 CDT 2015


I bought my Velocity partially completed and had to move it from California
to North Carolina. I hired Travis Holland to move the airplane. He has a
custom made trailer and has been moving planes for about twenty years. I
highly recommend him. Upon delivering my project, he spent some time going
over the plane and advising me on the condition of everything. I believe he
has personally built three or four Velocity's and is available to help
anyone who needs it with their project. His knowledge is outstanding and he
is very reasonable on price. Unfortunately, he lives in Florida and it is a
long hall to drive to California and back, but the plane will arrive in
great condition.

Dick Harpster

N585V, XLFG

 

From: Reflector [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Tony Babb
via Reflector
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 10:51 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Transporting a V with the spar attached

 

I think I've sold my SEFG project, subject to the buyer being able to
arrange transportation from San Jose CA to Edgewater FL. The main problem is
that the center section wing spar is attached to the fuselage. I think I've
read that people put it in a truck with the fuselage rotated 45 degrees to
keep the width down. Does anyone have photos/ advice on this and in
particular whether they used a jig to support the fuselage?

 

There's a significant difference in cost of shipping with the wing spar
attached. My buyer is even considering cutting out the wing spar and
reattaching later. I've advised him to contact the factory for advise and he
says he's had no reply to emails he's sent.

 

Thanks,

 

Tony Babb

SEFG FBW, FBF 

 

  _____  

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1434 / Virus Database: 4311/9253 - Release Date: 05/12/15

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20150512/72fa23f4/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list