REFLECTOR: Presurized Cooling Plenum Question

Tom Mann via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Tue Mar 10 12:50:54 CDT 2015


I'm working on the NACA Cooling on my Standard/RG and have a little bit of work to do on the pressurized plenum. One of the previous owners (or assist person) installed this plenum and riveted the aluminum sheet material for the lower portion (as pictured.)


Has anyone fabricated this from fiberglass with any success? I'm just thinking that it may be a better choice if material due to it's ability to conform to a complex shape when compared to the aluminum ...... IF it can take the heat. I would like to end up with something that allows for the removal if required. Whoever installed this must have had a boatload of RTV on hand.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20150310/895f4a0f/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image[1].png
Type: image/png
Size: 542386 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20150310/895f4a0f/attachment-0001.png>


More information about the Reflector mailing list