REFLECTOR: Fw: Your Case Heater ??
Jeff Barnes via Reflector
reflector at tvbf.org
Thu Jan 22 10:49:29 CST 2015
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: David Smith <dms789 at yahoo.com>
To: Jeff Barnes <jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: Your Case Heater ??
Jeff,
This is generally referred to as the Barker Dehydrator.
Engine-dryer-kit
Engine-dryer-kit
Continental and Lycoming typically rate their engine life from 1600 to 2000 hours of operation between
View on www.barkeraircraft.com Preview by Yahoo
I had some fun building it.
The automatic features do work.
However, I have modified mine to indicate when the desicant is saturated and I then bake them in the oven.
Dave
On Monday, January 19, 2015 11:07 PM, Jeff Barnes <jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Hi Dave,
Do you have parts list / schematic / plans / pictures for that desiccant engine heater you created ?
Velocity forum is all abuzz on how to heat/dry engines in winter.
Thought it would be cool to throw that at them (fun to watch, like
throwing fish to seals).
Hope you get up and out now and then. I'm in middle of a top overhaul.
Regards,
Jeff Barnes
847-331-2567312-224-8725 landline (better)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20150122/3e7ccab3/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list