REFLECTOR: Cooling Question
Thomas Mann via Reflector
reflector at tvbf.org
Sun Jan 4 15:35:45 CST 2015
As I am working on my CF Top Cowl I had a though.
Currently my cooling system for the cylinders consists of a pair of scoops (one for each cylinder bank) plumbed from underneath to a plenum for top down cooling.
What I see in the newer Velocities are the NACA scoops built into the top cowl feeding a cooling plenum. I'm entertaining the thought of converting mine to use a similar manner to catch air from the top rather than deal with snaking a six inch glass tube through an already crowded area.
What has the experience been for these top cowl cooling systems?
Do you sacrifice much in the way of cooling efficiency during climb?
Tom Mann
Velocity N951TM (STD/RG)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20150104/81c424a3/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list