REFLECTOR: Fwd: Re: The use of VG to aid cooling

Brett Ferrell via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Tue Sep 30 14:52:30 CDT 2014


David,



I concur, great work.  I can't tell from your pictures, but I
assume your VG's have "feet"?  They really look like they just
come out of the roof, so well done there.  I'm keen to make a
set, did you just use like 3 BID against some of your i-Beam AL
to get make them?



Brett
--
Brett Ferrell
[1]bferrell at fastmail.fm




On 9/29/2014 5:09 PM, David Ullman via Reflector wrote:

  My Velocity has always run hot.  I have fixed this with the
  use of Vortex Generators aiding the flow of air into the
  NACA ducts on top of the fuselage.  For a full report go to:
  [2]https://davidullman.com/uploads/THE_USE_OF_VORTEX_GENERAT
  ORS_TO_ENHANCE_PUSHER_AIRCRAFT_COOLING.pdf
  Comments appreciated.
  To see recent photos of N444DX hangared in Independence
  Oregon, go to:
  [3]https://davidullman.com/VelocityPhotos.php
  David Ullman
  [4]David at davidullman.com
  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit
  [5]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
  Visit the gallery!  [6]www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: [7]www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives:
  [8]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
[9]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  [10]www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: [11]www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives:
[12]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
[13]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  [14]www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: [15]www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives:
[16]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
[17]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives:
[18]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

References

1. mailto:bferrell at fastmail.fm
2. https://davidullman.com/uploads/THE_USE_OF_VORTEX_GENERATORS_TO_ENHANCE_PUSHER_AIRCRAFT_COOLING.pdf
3. https://davidullman.com/VelocityPhotos.php
4. mailto:David at davidullman.com
5. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
6. http://www.tvbf.org/gallery
7. http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail
8. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
9. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
  10. http://www.tvbf.org/gallery
  11. http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  12. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
  13. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
  14. http://www.tvbf.org/gallery
  15. http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  16. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
  17. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
  18. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140930/54d27b29/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list