REFLECTOR: Mounting position lights

Thomas Mann via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Thu Sep 25 08:21:53 CDT 2014


Ron,

Is it possible to remove the glass and drill new mounting holes through the base and set it up for screws vs. studs?

It’s hard to help without knowing what you have (model/manufacturer.)

A picture would be helpful.


I myself would not use RTV unless I was in the market for replacements.


T Mann






Sent from Windows Mail





From: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎September‎ ‎25‎, ‎2014 ‎8‎:‎05‎ ‎AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list





I just purchased my position lights and they mount with a couple of nuts 
in the bottom of the lights. Now since
I want to put them on the tip of my wing and I do not have any way to 
install the nuts I was thinking of gluing
them on with silicon . What have others done with there position lights 
? Is there some cool alternative way to mounting them?

Ron
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140925/6da59afb/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list