REFLECTOR: Aileron Belhorn Configuration

Brian Michalk via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Tue Sep 2 11:40:20 CDT 2014


Nice.  That certainly would take out the slop, and my concern about the 
torque through the bolt.

It would still be asymmetric, but that's a really minor complaint.


On 9/2/2014 11:30 AM, Dave T Nelson via Reflector wrote:
>
> Brian, team, FWIW regarding your "second nit"... I fixed this on my 
> STD-RG many years ago as follows...
>
> I added a long "U" shaped steel bracket that wraps around the outside 
> of the control stick.  The ends of the "U" are riveted into the 
> aileron torque tube.   Not sure this (poor) picture will come 
> through... but here it is, looking downward through the stick hole. 
>  Remember, mines a Standard, so this will look different than you 
> fancy Elite guys are used to.  I also added a steel bushing through 
> the aileron torque tube and the stick.
>
> If I had it to do over again, I'd probably bolt the U through the 
> aileron torque tube instead of rivet, although that hasn't been a 
> problem.  I'd also paint it.    Oh well...
>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140902/b279adce/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list