REFLECTOR: Continental TSIO-550G

via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Thu Oct 9 20:25:08 CDT 2014


 
570 hours since new
comes with all accessories
Soft prop strike (ran out of fuel)
 
$30,000 
 
Walter  Bagdasarian
Allstate Aircraft Salvage
1783 N. Marshall Dr.
El Cajon, Ca  92020
619-322-1495

 
 

 
In a message dated 10/9/2014 5:01:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
reflector at tvbf.org writes:

Send  Reflector mailing list submissions to
reflector at tvbf.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web,  visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
or,  via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
reflector-request at tvbf.org

You can reach the person managing the list  at
reflector-owner at tvbf.org

When replying, please edit  your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Reflector  digest..."


Today's Topics:

1.  Just in  GarminS (via Reflector)
2. Re:  Naca Hose heater (jeff  findarle via  Reflector)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message:  1
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 13:34:25 -0400
From: via Reflector  <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:  Just in GarminS
Message-ID:  <242b3.279c4c72.41682120 at aol.com>
Content-Type: text/plain;  charset="utf-8"

Garmin 340
Garmin SL-40
Garmin 530
Garmin  330
Garmin 430
GI-106A indicator

Walter   Bagdasarian
Allstate  Aircraft Salvage
619-322-1495


In a  message dated 10/9/2014 10:26:54 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,   
reflector at tvbf.org writes:

Send  Reflector mailing list  submissions to
reflector at tvbf.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via  the World Wide Web,   visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
or,  via  email, send a message with subject or body 'help'  to
reflector-request at tvbf.org

You can reach the person managing the  list  at
reflector-owner at tvbf.org

When replying, please  edit  your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of  Reflector  digest..."


Today's Topics:

1. Re:   Naca  Hose heater (Rene Dugas via Reflector)
2. Re:  Naca  Hose  heater (Ron N VelocityXLFG via Reflector)
3. Re:   Naca  Hose heater (Stockman, Bill via   Reflector)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message:   1
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 15:17:57 -0500
From: Rene Dugas via  Reflector  <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: Ron N VelocityXLFG   <velocityxl at fastmail.fm>, Velocity Aircraft
Owners and  Builders  list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Naca Hose   heater
Message-ID:   <134511E3-FC5E-4C3E-9033-CAE09633EDAA at gmail.com>
Content-Type:   text/plain;    charset=us-ascii

Ron,  I was  attempting  the same but just don't get the temps you folks  
get.  I duct tape off  about 80 percent of the cooler front face  in about 
a 
minute if it's  cold.  One can't really see it and it  removes even 
quicker.  
Not  elegant.  I this the  circulation of air from cabin to cooler via 
bilge  
blower fan back  into cabin is a better choice.  If I plumb it I will  
cover 
the  NACA and blow cabin air through the cooler and overboard in   summer.
Best. 

Sent from Rene's iPad. A pleasure.  Go   Apple.


> On Oct 8, 2014, at 7:25 AM, Ron N VelocityXLFG  via  Reflector 
<reflector at tvbf.org> wrote:
> 
> Now  as winter is  at our door step here in Chicago.   We had snow  on 
Saturday. I have  been trying a idea that seems to be 
>  working out . I am in the early  stages of testing this but so far I 
like  
what I feel.  My thought is the  Naca front heater scoop
>  is what many say is a ram air scoop. I  think  is to large. So to  keep 
it 
short I am working on blocking off much  of the scoop to see  if I can get 
> more heat transfer by allowing the  air to slow  down and expand before 
being used to heat the cabin. The first  test  I had almost 
> no air pushing through the air ducts. The second   test had nice warm air 
 
. I have to do much more testing of this but  I  like the early results.
> Has any one else tried this and if so  what did  you find.
> 
> 
> First scoop
>   <habaehac.jpg>
> 
> 
> 
> 
>  
>  Second scoop
> 
> 
>  <fabibieg.jpg>
> 
>  
>  _______________________________________________
> To change  your  email address, visit   
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit  the  gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw =   tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives:  www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>  Check old archives:   http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



------------------------------

Message:   2
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:37:41 -0500
From: Ron N VelocityXLFG  via  Reflector <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners  and  Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:  Naca Hose  heater
Message-ID:  <5435AEA5.1000401 at fastmail.fm>
Content-Type:  text/plain;  charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

I had a blower on the  system  naca intake at first a few years ago, The 
blower motor just did not   work as well as I had hoped.   Now If i had a 
separate  heater  core
plumbed with a  blower just recirculating the cabin  air I think  that 
Idea would work. But in an effort to keep it simple  I am going to  work 
through this idea with a smaller
duct   .  I a perfect  world I will be faster because of Less Drag. Cool  
better by allowing the  air to slow down and grab more heat from the  
heater core. Be able to us  the extra heat
to heat the cabin and  be very simple.
Bad part is I just  painted the plane I will have to  touch it up.:(

Ron
On 10/8/2014  3:17 PM, Rene Dugas  wrote:
> Ron,  I was attempting the same but  just don't get  the temps you folks 
get.  I duct tape off about 80 percent  of  the cooler front face in about 
a 
minute if it's cold.  One  can't  really see it and it removes even 
quicker.  
Not  elegant.  I this the  circulation of air from cabin to cooler via  
bilge 
blower fan back into cabin  is a better choice.  If I  plumb it I will 
cover 
the NACA and blow cabin  air through the cooler  and overboard in summer.
> Best.
>
>  Sent from Rene's  iPad. A pleasure.  Go Apple.
>
>
>>  On Oct 8,  2014, at 7:25 AM, Ron N VelocityXLFG via Reflector   
<reflector at tvbf.org> wrote:
>>
>> Now as winter is  at  our door step here in Chicago.   We had snow on  
Saturday. I have  been trying a idea that seems to be
>>  working out . I am in the  early stages of testing this but so far I  
like what I feel.  My thought  is the Naca front heater  scoop
>> is what many say is a ram air  scoop. I think  is  to large. So to keep 
it short I am working on blocking  off much of  the scoop to see if I can 
get
>> more heat transfer by  allowing  the air to slow down and expand before 
being used to heat the cabin.   The first test I had almost
>> no air pushing through the air  ducts.  The second test had nice warm 
air 
. I have to do much more  testing of  this but I like the early results.
>> Has any one  else tried this and  if so what did you  find.
>>
>>
>> First  scoop
>>   <habaehac.jpg>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>   Second scoop
>>
>>
>>   <fabibieg.jpg>
>>
>>
>>   _______________________________________________
>> To change  your  email address, visit   
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>  Visit  the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw  =  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives:   www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives:   http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



------------------------------

Message:   3
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 08:16:24 -0500
From: "Stockman, Bill via   Reflector" <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: Ron N VelocityXLFG   <velocityxl at fastmail.fm>, Velocity Aircraft
Owners and  Builders  list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Naca Hose   heater
Message-ID:
<C845A9C4FB1D674DAED490BC070A88D8E3963573DF at AUSP01VMBX27.collaborationhost.n
et>

Content-Type:  text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Several us up  "north" have installed  a second cooler in the nose (mine is 
directly on top of  the first in  a 173FGE) that only recirculated cabin 
air 
for heating.   Works  very well. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Reflector   [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Ron N 
VelocityXLFG  via  Reflector
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 5:38 PM
To:  Velocity  Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:  Naca Hose  heater

I had a blower on the system naca intake at  first a few years  ago, The 
blower motor just did not work as well as  I had  hoped.   Now If i had a 
separate heater  core
plumbed with  a  blower just recirculating the cabin air I  think that Idea 
would work.  But in an effort to keep it simple I am  going to work through 
this idea with a  smaller duct  .  I  a perfect world I will be faster 
because 
of Less  Drag. Cool better  by allowing the air to slow down and grab more 
heat from the  heater  core. Be able to us the extra heat to heat the cabin 
and be very   simple.
Bad part is I just painted the plane I will have to touch it   up.:(

Ron
On 10/8/2014 3:17 PM, Rene Dugas wrote:
>  Ron,   I was attempting the same but just don't get the temps you  folks 
get.  I  duct tape off about 80 percent of the cooler  front face in about 
a 
minute if  it's cold.  One can't really  see it and it removes even 
quicker.   
Not elegant.  I this  the circulation of air from cabin to cooler via  
bilge 
blower fan  back into cabin is a better choice.  If I plumb it I  will 
cover  
the NACA and blow cabin air through the cooler and overboard in   summer.
> Best.
>
> Sent from Rene's iPad. A  pleasure.   Go Apple.
>
>
>> On Oct 8, 2014, at  7:25 AM, Ron N  VelocityXLFG via Reflector  
<reflector at tvbf.org>  wrote:
>>
>> Now as  winter is at our door step here in  Chicago.   We had snow on  
Saturday. I have been trying a idea that  seems to be
>>  working out . I am in the early stages of testing this  but so far I  
like what I feel.  My thought is the Naca front heater   scoop
>> is what many say is a ram air scoop. I think  is  to  large. So to keep 
it short I am working on blocking off much of  the scoop to  see if I can 
get
>> more heat transfer by allowing  the air to slow  down and expand before 
being used to heat the cabin.  The first test I had  almost
>> no air pushing through the air  ducts. The second test had  nice warm 
air 
. I have to do much more  testing of this but I like the  early results.
>> Has any one  else tried this and if so what did you   find.
>>
>>
>> First scoop
>>   <habaehac.jpg>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>   Second scoop
>>
>>
>>   <fabibieg.jpg>
>>
>>
>>   _______________________________________________
>> To change  your  email address, visit   
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>  Visit  the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw  =  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives:   www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives:   http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To   change your email address, visit   
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the  gallery!   www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw =  tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives:   www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives:   http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



------------------------------

Subject:   Digest  Footer

_______________________________________________
Visit   the gallery!    tvbf:jamaicangoose

------------------------------

End of   Reflector Digest, Vol 115, Issue   20
******************************************

-------------- next  part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:  
<http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20141009/6c963842/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message:  2
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 00:00:44 +0000 (UTC)
From: jeff findarle via  Reflector <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: "Stockman, Bill"  <bill.stockman at daytonaero.com>, Velocity Aircraft
Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:  Naca Hose heater
Message-ID:
<1531520975.68572.1412899244106.JavaMail.yahoo at jws100194.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Question, On my  173RG, this is also the Naca vent for the Oil cooler. Are 
you having any  cooling issues blocking the vent off?
I know on my Old Cherokee we would  adjust the oil temp by adjusting the 
intake on the inlet to the oil  cooler. Thank you, Jeff
TEAM JEFF Real Estate

Jeff Findarle -  Realtor, GRI
PRES.-Wasatch Co Association of Realtors
Darin Heckel  - Realtor                    AllStar Realty
575 N main St.
Heber City, UT. 84032

Jeff's  Cell 435-503-0514
Darin's Cell 435-671-3957
Off. 435-654-9440
Fax  435-654-9437
Distressed Property Experts, Short Sales a Specialty!
Don't  Lose it, Sell it! 

On Thursday, October 9, 2014  7:16 AM, "Stockman, Bill via Reflector" 
<reflector at tvbf.org>  wrote:



Several us up "north" have installed a  second cooler in the nose (mine is 
directly on top of the first in a 173FGE)  that only recirculated cabin air 
for heating.    Works very well.  

-----Original Message-----
From: Reflector  [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Ron N 
VelocityXLFG via  Reflector
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 5:38 PM
To: Velocity  Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Naca Hose  heater

I had a blower on the system naca intake at first a few years  ago, The 
blower motor just did not work as well as I had hoped.  Now  If i had a 
separate heater core
plumbed with a  blower just  recirculating the cabin air I think that Idea 
would work. But in an effort to  keep it simple I am going to work through 
this idea with a smaller duct   .  I a perfect world I will be faster because 
of Less Drag. Cool better  by allowing the air to slow down and grab more 
heat from the heater core. Be  able to us the extra heat to heat the cabin 
and be very simple.
Bad part is  I just painted the plane I will have to touch it up.:(

Ron
On  10/8/2014 3:17 PM, Rene Dugas wrote:
> Ron,  I was attempting the  same but just don't get the temps you folks 
get.  I duct tape off about  80 percent of the cooler front face in about a 
minute if it's cold.  One  can't really see it and it removes even quicker.  
Not elegant.  I  this the circulation of air from cabin to cooler via bilge 
blower fan back  into cabin is a better choice.  If I plumb it I will cover 
the NACA and  blow cabin air through the cooler and overboard in summer.
>  Best.
>
> Sent from Rene's iPad. A pleasure.  Go  Apple.
>
>
>> On Oct 8, 2014, at 7:25 AM, Ron N  VelocityXLFG via Reflector 
<reflector at tvbf.org>  wrote:
>>
>> Now as winter is at our door step here in  Chicago.  We had snow on 
Saturday. I have been trying a idea that seems  to be
>> working out . I am in the early stages of testing this but  so far I 
like what I feel.  My thought is the Naca front heater  scoop
>> is what many say is a ram air scoop. I think  is to  large. So to keep 
it short I am working on blocking off much of the scoop to  see if I can get
>> more heat transfer by allowing the air to slow  down and expand before 
being used to heat the cabin. The first test I had  almost
>> no air pushing through the air ducts. The second test had  nice warm air 
 . I have to do much more testing of this but I like the  early results.
>> Has any one else tried this and if so what did you  find.
>>
>>
>> First scoop
>>  <habaehac.jpg>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>  Second scoop
>>
>>
>>  <fabibieg.jpg>
>>
>>
>>  _______________________________________________
>> To change your  email address, visit  
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit  the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw =  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives:  www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives:  http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To  change your email address, visit  
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!   www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives:  www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives:  http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To  change your email address, visit  
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!   www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives:  www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives:  http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was  scrubbed...
URL:  
<http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20141010/0478b3bd/attachment.html>

------------------------------

Subject:  Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Visit  the gallery!   tvbf:jamaicangoose

------------------------------

End of  Reflector Digest, Vol 115, Issue  21
******************************************


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20141009/562db5b7/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list