REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 115, Issue 2
Dave T Nelson via Reflector
reflector at tvbf.org
Wed Oct 1 08:41:39 CDT 2014
Jerry - wow! Very cool!
Tim, however, makes some very good points. What would happen to my
exercise routine? Where would this modification leave my knees, my back,
etc? This could even be a slippery slope... it might be so nice to get
into that Ali starts insisting on an XL... Danger! Danger!
One serious thing to think about for this kind of modification would be to
see what structural changes are required to maintain fuselage rigidity
(given that in a roll, the wings want to turn but the canard doesn't -
creating a torquing force on the fuselage). Remember, I don't have that
"keel" that you guys have.
But, hmmm... there's certainly food for thought there!
Yes... really enjoyed spending time with all you guys at RR. I LOVE that
fly in!
Dave
Dave T. Nelson
T/L 553-4327, Voice 507-253-4327, Fax 507-253-3648
Program Director, ISC ECAT NPI & Test Engineering
----- Message from Thomas Mann via Reflector <reflector at tvbf.org> on Wed, 1
Oct 2014 13:00:54 +0000 -----
To: Jerry Teitsma via Reflector <reflector at tvbf.org>, Ron N VelocityXLFG
<velocityxl at fastmail.fm>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Rough River Clam shell door
Ron,
The clam shell door should not be changed under any circumstances.
That design is the built-in “Fit To Fly” qualifier designed by Velocity. It
was later discontinued as a premium option and was replaced with the much
lesser featured deep gull wing doors.
You will notice that the guys that are still flying the clam-shell are in
much better shape in general due to the “Wife-Press” entry system for your
spouse as well as the “Muscle-up” pilot entry technique.
I rue the day when I have to resort to adding an air-step or other
modification to ease my entry into my Velocity. Just put me out of my
misery instead ….. please. Next thing you know they’ll have a deployable
ramp for that gadget you got from the Scooter Store.
Also please note that the Clam-Shell is also a security feature. Thieves
are always looking for that easy target don’tcha know.
I feel like I wimped out on account of my clam-shell Velocity has a step.
After looking at Dave’s up at Oshkosh, I’m thinking about removing it when
I prep for some new paint later on.
T Mann
Sent from Windows Mail
From: Jerry Teitsma via Reflector
Sent: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:01 AM
To: Jerry Teitsma via Reflector
Hey Dave you gave me a bunch of ideas to work on at rough river so I
thought I might give you one.
Good talking to you hope to see you in the spring when I have my fly inn.
Ron_______________________________________________
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20141001/bcec7ba6/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 0E462123.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 37462 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20141001/bcec7ba6/attachment-0001.jpg>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list