REFLECTOR: Nose Wheel question

Thomas Mann via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Sat Nov 29 17:41:33 CST 2014


Dos anyone, flying a Standard/RG, have the Condor 5,00 x 5 as a nose tire?



I currently use the slick tire which is roughly 10 inches in diameter. With the gear retracted it measures .8” from the tire to the outside of the  gear door. So very little clearance between the tire and the inside face of the door.


Given that, a Condor 5.00 x 5 would not retract far enough to allow the doors to close without some kind of mod to allow the nose gear to retract another 2 inches into the nose.


So from what I see on my plane, any thought of upgrading to that tire/tube arrangement is not feasible, true?


T Mann






Sent from Windows Mail





From: Thomas Mann
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎November‎ ‎28‎, ‎2014 ‎4‎:‎32‎ ‎PM
To: Velocity Reflector





I’ve heard that many folks are switching to the Michelin nose tire & tube. I notice that on my Standard/RG the plans slick tire seems to just clear the gear doors. 




So is the Michelin tire not an option for the STD/RG model or is there some other mod associated with the conversion?




I did switch to the Matco wheel for the front gear.




T Mann

Velocity STD/RG N961TM






Sent from Windows Mail
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20141129/0820d48e/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list