REFLECTOR: Magnetometer placement
Stockman, Bill via Reflector
reflector at tvbf.org
Thu Nov 13 08:45:43 CST 2014
I put mine in the wing strake storage area (roughly in the middle on the outboard wall, ie, the gas tank wall). It’s easy to get to for adjustments, etc. and relatively far from major metal objects.
If I actually followed the Garmin instructions, I would have had to put on a wooden stick forty feet outside the airplane.
From: Reflector [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Peter Braswell via Reflector
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:23 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Cc: Ken Whitaker
Subject: REFLECTOR: Magnetometer placement
Hi all,
Quick Q to you glass guys: Where are you all putting your magnetometer so that it's far enough away from ferrous stuff to not be affected?
Many thanks,
Peter
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUDO Labs | Zuluworks.com | ThreePoint.io | CheckRide.io
"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com<http://www.zuluworks.com>
Cell: 804.690.5896
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20141113/013abfbd/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list