REFLECTOR: Magnetometer placement

Reiff Lorenz via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Thu Nov 13 08:37:38 CST 2014


Peter,

I put mine in the end of the strake. It is still within a foot of the (ferrous) wing bolts, but it's the best place I could find. Every other location I considered had more metal nearby, wires running right by it, or was close to motors or moving metal parts.

I'm not flying yet, so I can't really verify the wisdom of my choice of location.

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 64% complete
Currently working on: Placing the engine on the mount.




From: Reflector [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Peter Braswell via Reflector
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:23 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Cc: Ken Whitaker
Subject: REFLECTOR: Magnetometer placement

Hi all,
Quick Q to you glass guys:  Where are you all putting your magnetometer so that it's far enough away from ferrous stuff to not be affected?

Many thanks,
Peter

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUDO Labs | Zuluworks.com | ThreePoint.io | CheckRide.io
"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com<http://www.zuluworks.com>
Cell: 804.690.5896
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20141113/0c96a651/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list