REFLECTOR: Retracts: Main Gear Doors

Clayton Chase via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Nov 3 12:52:45 CST 2014


That's what the plans call for but I think I saw at least one person who
made lower wheel doors.   I don't remember if they were on the wing and
pointed down when the gear is down or on the gear and pointed horizontal
when the gear is down.   You can also do a little shim door where the gear
leg enters the fuselage but that's not in the plans either.


On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Thomas Mann <reflector at tvbf.org> wrote:

>  The main gear doors leave the lower portion of the wheel/tire exposed on
> my STD/RG.
>
> I'm just wondering if all Velocity aircraft with retracts are built this
> way?
> Has anyone done anything to close off this area as well?
> I figure this could be accomplished with either "grass cutters" like they
> did on the Staggerwing Beech or pehaps an outboard door arrangement..
>
> Are the current retract models configured this way?
>
> Tom Mann
> Long-EZ N200LZ (in construction)
> Velocity N951TM
> Pres. EAA Chapter 80
> ____________________
> You have received this message as a member of: Velocity Owners and
> Builders Association
> Change preferences (including opt-out): Online Profile
> <https://VOBA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=495146>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20141103/7f3a5a26/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list