REFLECTOR: Steel Pivot Bushings on XL-RG MG Legs

Scott Baker via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Nov 3 06:47:28 CST 2014


Heat gun or torch inside the tube.
Epoxy will soften well before damage might occur.
Remove tubes (with pliers, obviously, because they will be hot!)
Scott B



On 11/2/2014 7:56 PM, Paul Folkes via Reflector wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a request for advice from the collective. I have an older XL-RG 
> fastbuild kit and am preparing the main gear legs for carbon wraps, 
> and the steel pivot bushings need to come out first.  The factory said 
> that they were only temporarily pressed in for transport and they will 
> just come out with a few taps with a hammer, but they will not move, 
> no matter what size hammer I use!  I have tried cold on the bushings 
> to try and get them to contract - no good. I am concerned about what 
> effect there might be on the legs if I was to try heating the 
> bushings. Any advice out there on how I can get them out?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Paul Folkes
> XL-RG
> VH-VVX
> /Building but a loooong way to go!/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20141103/4c45de15/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list