REFLECTOR: Source for oil door parts

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Mon Mar 31 13:00:31 CDT 2014


Peter,

I had the same issue that you did. The manual didn't specify what hardware to use and AS&S didn't have anything.

I did much of my training in a Piper Archer, which used a flush-mounted button to open the oil door. I liked this, so decided to use the same thing on my XL.

Search for:
Piper Oil Door Latch 472-017

I found mine on Ebay for $40 plus shipping. This site has them for $42:
http://www.chaparralparts.com/servlet/the-3/472-dsh-017-Piper-oil-door/Detail


It looks like this, when finished. (Hopefully you'll have a cleaner cowl than this.)
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF4CE9.945086B0]<http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=UUu-Fda9wsH6IM&tbnid=VaqN-5zyRfMAUM:&ved=0CAgQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thejoyofaviation.com%2F&ei=l6s5U7D-CtStsQSbwIDQDQ&psig=AFQjCNE_4BfC63FmurDH0oXMDou14U_GDw&ust=1396374807247641>

You can also mount them in pairs if you want a larger access panel:
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CF4CE9.945086B0]<http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=40drpliwIkXzFM&tbnid=JkkCLts07dQThM:&ved=0CAgQjRw4Gg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matronics.com%2Farchive%2Farchive-get.cgi%3FRV-Archive.digest.vol-rr&ei=Oqs5U9XVI4mksQSCz4C4Dg&psig=AFQjCNF9r10xogALtONCWqVycBKB_7UB8Q&ust=1396374714641285>


Hope this helps!


Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 54% complete
Currently working on: Exhaust routing, still!
Maybe I should have stayed with factory's design. :-(






From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Peter Braswell
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:23 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Source for oil door parts

Hi All,
Can anybody shoot me a link to what they're using for the oil door latch?  The manual indicates that the builder is to source this part.  A quick search on AS&S wasn't fruitful.

Best,
Peter

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUDO Labs | Zuluworks.com | ThreePoint.io | CheckRide.io
"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com<http://www.zuluworks.com>
Cell: 804.690.5896
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140331/2e080986/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image001.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 10742 bytes
Desc: image001.jpg
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140331/2e080986/attachment-0002.jpg>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image002.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 10751 bytes
Desc: image002.jpg
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140331/2e080986/attachment-0003.jpg>


More information about the Reflector mailing list