REFLECTOR: NO Velocity Insurance?

Velocity velocityxl at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 19 20:16:58 CDT 2014


Kind of a funny game the Insurance companys play.  If you are insured 
during building they say they will insure you
later.......... Avemco in the past played that card with me.

I had Avemco builders insurance 8 years ago. I dropped them because they 
said at the time they  would not insure
me in motion. Then a couple of years later they said if I had kept my  
builders insurance they would insure me in motion
but since i no longer carried builders insurance I was no longer 
available for in motion coverage. What a joke.
I guess it depends on the time you ask for insurance .

Ron


On 3/19/2014 5:06 PM, Don Johnston wrote:
> After the discussion about the difficulties in getting insurance, I 
> decided to confirm my ability to get coverage. So I called Donnie 
> Peters and AirSouth and asked him to verify that I would be able to 
> get insurance.
>
> Heard back from him today. He checked with AIG (which is who is 
> providing my builders risk policy) and they said I'm all set.
>
> But it ain't gonna be cheap. $150K hull, 1 million liability (smooth, 
> IIRC) is going to come in at about $4,000 per year. That's about 3x 
> what I'm paying for my 182RG.  He said it will almost certainly go 
> down as I build time in type.  If I drop the hull to $100K the premium 
> would drop to around $3,000.
>
> He also said that if I didn't already have the builders risk policy 
> with AIG that I probably wouldn't be able to get insurance (at least 
> with everyone he's check with) for when I'm "in motion".
>
> -Don
>
>
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Don Johnston <don at johnston.org 
> <mailto:don at johnston.org>> wrote:
>
>     That's very possible. I've got 1,000+ hours retract.
>
>
>     On Saturday, March 15, 2014, Epstein Lawrence Jay
>     <ljepstein at hotmail.com <mailto:ljepstein at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         (I tried to post this earlier, but I never saw it).
>
>         I believe that the main issue is with the RG. I don't think it
>         is as hard to get the FG insured. (I was able to get Full
>         flight, (effective March 1) $100k hull + liability for my 173
>         FG which is getting close to first flight. I have ~550 total
>         time, Private, Instrument, SEL-~350 Hrs bonanza time).
>         What some have done is disable the retract mechanism and
>         insure the aircraft as a FG, then re-apply for RG insurance
>         down the road (after you have enough (100 hrs?) on the
>         aircraft with you PIC as a FG.
>
>         Just a thought.
>
>         Larry E.
>
>         My insurance is Chartis through (broker):
>         Packer & Associates
>         Richard Packer -- Aviation Insurance
>         5266 Mooney Road, Radnor, OH 43066
>         740-494-2554 <tel:740-494-2554> FAX 740-494-2748
>         <tel:740-494-2748>
>         paainc at aircraftinsurance.net
>
>         He's the guy with the beautiful Stearman who is always parked
>         right in front of the vintage hanger @ OSH
>
>         On Mar 15, 2014, at 3:40 PM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net>
>         wrote:
>
>>         I've had my builders policy through Don Peters at AirSouth
>>         for a few years.  He has pretty much guaranteed me coverage
>>         for when I'm ready to fly.
>>
>>         On Saturday, March 15, 2014, jeff findarle
>>         <flynfindarle at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>             OK Friends, I am just about ready to paint my Velo 173
>>             RG. So last year when I thought I was going to be ready
>>             to fly her, but instead decided to re-paint. I had called
>>             a number of insurance companies and had NO LUCK at all
>>             getting any quotes for hull coverage.
>>             I did however have a good response from Don Adams with
>>             AirSouth (Very nice and knowledgeable and works hard and
>>             responds quickly). SO I just tried again with Don this
>>             week. He tried a bunch of companies including: Aerospace,
>>             Global, Starr, AIG, HCC. Randy Kasen with Aerospace said
>>             that regardless of pilot times, they are not interested
>>             in coverage on the Velocity.
>>             Sure would like to know why all these insurance companies
>>             are scared to DEATH of our little birds?
>>             I have 402 hrs (27 hrs last 6 Months), 25 hrs Retract
>>             time, COMPLEX, non Instrument (I want to see what I am
>>             going to hit)! Rated single engine land.
>>             Any ideas?
>>             Thank you, Jeff
>>
>>             TEAM JEFF Real Estate
>>
>>             Jeff Findarle - *Realtor*, GRI
>>              PRES.-Wasatch Co Association of Realtors
>>             Darin Heckel - Realtor
>>             AllStar Realty
>>             575 N main St.
>>             Heber City, UT. 84032
>>
>>             Jeff's Cell 435-503-0514 <tel:435-503-0514>
>>             Darin's Cell 435-671-3957 <tel:435-671-3957>
>>             Off. 435-654-9440 <tel:435-654-9440>
>>             Fax 435-654-9437 <tel:435-654-9437>
>>             Distressed Property Experts, Short Sales a Specialty!
>>             Don't Lose it, Sell it!
>>
>>         _______________________________________________
>>         To change your email address, visit
>>         http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>         Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>         <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>>         user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>         Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>         <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>>         Check old archives:
>>         http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140319/7ce08d37/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list