REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 108, Issue 21

Mark Riley the_rileys1 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 11 12:09:49 CDT 2014


I got similar quotes for hull and liability on my XLRG -5 from AIG and Global through Falcon. About the same as last year. I was happy to get it.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 11, 2014, at 1:00 PM, reflector-request at tvbf.org wrote:
> 
> Send Reflector mailing list submissions to
>    reflector at tvbf.org
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>    http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>    reflector-request at tvbf.org
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>    reflector-owner at tvbf.org
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Reflector digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>   1. Re:  Divinycell foam (Alex Balic)
>   2.  My tails on Insurance (Ron N VelocityXLFG)
>   3. Re:  My tails on Insurance (Geoff Gerhardt)
>   4. Re:  My tails on Insurance (Doug Kanczuzewski)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:54:33 -0500
> From: "Alex Balic" <velocity_pilot at verizon.net>
> To: "'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'"
>    <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Divinycell foam
> Message-ID: <079501cf3d39$d1043da0$730cb8e0$@net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> The blue is 3 pounds/cu ft, the tan is 6, it is not the same material, but
> with the amounts being used, I would think it can be substituted just fine,
> it is the same chemically.
> 
> 
> 
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Phil Hooper
> Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 7:18 PM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Cc: Robert & Taylor Rice
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Divinycell foam
> 
> 
> 
> Slow building Hooper here.  I ordered more Divinycell foam 3/8" from Spruce
> for the fuel strake build.  My original sheet was damaged in storage.  This
> stuff is tan color, not blue as came in the kit.  
> 
>> From Spruce: 
> 
> 
> Divinycell (PVC)
> Type H45
> 
> 3 Lb/Cu. Ft.
> 
> 3/8"
> 
> 32" x 48"
> 
> 01-12400
> 
> Their description says:  A closed cell medium to high density foam which has
> high compression strength, durability, and excellent fire resistance.
> Divinycell can be vacuum formed to compound shapes and can be bent using
> heat. Compatible with polyester, vinylester, and epoxy resins.
> 
> This all sounds fine, but I would appreciate any thoughts from the
> collective before applying the Elmer's glue.  Thanks much.
> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> -- 
> Phil Hooper
> President
> Harvest Development & Media Inc.
> 19851 Yorba Linda Blvd., Suite 204
> Yorba Linda, CA 92886 
> 
> voice: 714.693.8745
> fax: 714.777.0134
> web:  <http://www.hdmnet.com/> http://www.hdmnet.com/
> email:  <mailto:phil at hdmnet.com> phil at hdmnet.com
> 
> 
> 
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140311/04e750ca/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:18:09 -0500
> From: Ron N VelocityXLFG <velocityxl at fastmail.fm>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: REFLECTOR: My tails on Insurance
> Message-ID: <531F3741.5060008 at fastmail.fm>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
> 
> I put this out there just for people to know.
> Avemco :   will only insure a velocity for Liability  so I have been told.
> Pam Sharpe shopped me around after the policy I had with aggressive 
> aviation through Pam  was canceled because they are
> leaving the Aviation insurance business.
> Tried Barb at Costello Insurance  and got nothing .
> Next tried Dick Kinney and he told me because the previous agency 
> received declines I am now uninsurable for the next 3 months.
> Dick said I should have gone to him first. Who knows if that would have 
> helped or not.
> 
> What a crock of you know what.
>   Boy do I wish there was a guide to follow on how to get insurance ! 
> Apparently if you talk to the wrong person first you are
> screwed. Another case of it is not what you know it is who you know.
> 
> 
> Moral Give no information to any one you can not garrentee you that they 
> can get you insurance or risk being uninsurable.
> 
> 
> Ron
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:31:09 -0400
> From: Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: My tails on Insurance
> Message-ID:
>    <CAHd2h4Jh=8Jd2EG=3CfurFV=eZ8CagMSJEAwGWW7cDfCNOBUEw at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> 
> I'm with Avemco - yes, liability only.
> 
> Geoff
> 
> 
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Ron N VelocityXLFG <velocityxl at fastmail.fm
>> wrote:
> 
>> I put this out there just for people to know.
>> Avemco :   will only insure a velocity for Liability  so I have been told.
>> Pam Sharpe shopped me around after the policy I had with aggressive
>> aviation through Pam  was canceled because they are
>> leaving the Aviation insurance business.
>> Tried Barb at Costello Insurance  and got nothing .
>> Next tried Dick Kinney and he told me because the previous agency received
>> declines I am now uninsurable for the next 3 months.
>> Dick said I should have gone to him first. Who knows if that would have
>> helped or not.
>> 
>> What a crock of you know what.
>>  Boy do I wish there was a guide to follow on how to get insurance !
>> Apparently if you talk to the wrong person first you are
>> screwed. Another case of it is not what you know it is who you know.
>> 
>> 
>> Moral Give no information to any one you can not garrentee you that they
>> can get you insurance or risk being uninsurable.
>> 
>> 
>> Ron
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/
>> listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> 
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140311/d2763f93/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 16:48:17 +0000
> From: Doug Kanczuzewski <doug at customstudio.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: My tails on Insurance
> Message-ID:
>    <1965FCEAF15F5244BE6BA2516824A98A5396D62A at fnf-ex-2.saxton.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> Finally broke away from Pam and switched over to Falcon Insurance brokers.  Got two quotes for hull and liability. One was AIG and the other was Global.
> 100K hull  AIG  $3,063   Global $3,730.
> 125K hull  AIG  $3,625   Global  $4,109
> 
> Last year the Aggressive $125K was $2,697. 
> Prior Year  the Britt Paulk $125 was  $2,615.
> 
> More money less insurance....
> 
> Doug K
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Ron N VelocityXLFG
> Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 9:18 AM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: REFLECTOR: My tails on Insurance
> 
> I put this out there just for people to know.
> Avemco :   will only insure a velocity for Liability  so I have been told.
> Pam Sharpe shopped me around after the policy I had with aggressive aviation through Pam  was canceled because they are leaving the Aviation insurance business.
> Tried Barb at Costello Insurance  and got nothing .
> Next tried Dick Kinney and he told me because the previous agency received declines I am now uninsurable for the next 3 months.
> Dick said I should have gone to him first. Who knows if that would have helped or not.
> 
> What a crock of you know what.
>   Boy do I wish there was a guide to follow on how to get insurance ! 
> Apparently if you talk to the wrong person first you are screwed. Another case of it is not what you know it is who you know.
> 
> 
> Moral Give no information to any one you can not garrentee you that they can get you insurance or risk being uninsurable.
> 
> 
> Ron
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
> 
> End of Reflector Digest, Vol 108, Issue 21
> ******************************************



More information about the Reflector mailing list