REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 111, Issue 21
Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
reflector at tvbf.org
Sat Jun 21 12:33:16 CDT 2014
I was not being critical of you Larry.
Perhaps it is more about my level of frustration.
Of all the response I got to my fuel valve/line question (seeking examples of the same) not one response *with the exception of Scott Baker) even came close to addressing the subject at hand. I hear many alternate approaches and in some cases the same person posted the same information multiple times.
Does that put it in perspective?
Tom Mann
N951TM
Sent from Windows Mail
From: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 11:47 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org, forum at velocityowners.com
Overall, I think people get way to uptight about these posts, but i feel compelled.
My response was not "off topic". I "cross posted" in order to involve as many in the discussion as possible as the 2 lists seem to have differing membership.
Some people seem to believe that this is a Factory Support line and we all exist to service their needs.
This is a community where we share ideas and promote the purpose of Experimental Aircraft Building which is for "Education".
When a question about the fuel valve was posted, I merely proffered another approach to designing/building/using the fuel system. No 2 aircraft are alike in any system, certainly not the fuel system.
I was not instructing, bragging (well maybe a little), compelling or offering advice. I was putting it out for information. Comments/constructive criticism are certainly welcome.
I can say that virtually no part of my aircraft could have been completed without tips/comments/ideas I have learned from other builders (mostly on the Reflector). I started my kit in 1996 and the kit has changed dramatically over the last 18 years. Many, if not most of those changes have come about after people's experiences/problems and solutions were aired on the Reflector and ideas shared. There have been many ideas which were adopted by all and many that sounded good, but were thankfully discarded after thoughtful, respectful dialogue revealed flaws. That is how a community works.
If all you want is a straight answer to your question, call the factory (or whomever you bought your kit from). That is where you can get your official answer and the "support" you paid for.
An even better question is why some people haven't bothered to Join and contribute to VOBA.
IMHO
Larry Epstein
173 FGE
N58LV
__________________________________________________________________
Fair enough but such is the result of cross posting and off topic responses.
You have part “A” sold by the kit manufacturer. How did you install it if you used part “A”.
So why is it that all these builders that did not use part “A” feel compelled to jump in and tell you about how they DIDN’T use part “A”?
Is this about disagreeing or perhaps something else?
Just an honest question here. Is this the culture here?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140621/6e66e26c/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list