REFLECTOR: Lengthening a Bowden cable?

Brian Michalk via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Jul 7 16:02:09 CDT 2014


I purchased
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/ap/controls_1acs/a810.php

and have been using it in the airplane.  I may need to lengthen it a bit 
with my different induction system.  I know I can get by with a few 
inches, but it seems to me that if I wanted to add something like a 
couple of feet, that I'd need to splice on another section of cable.

These are custom made to length, so the equipment exists out there 
somewhere.  It seems to me that the center solid core could be swaged 
with another core, then the sheaths could likewise be swaged together.  
Now, I don't have this equipment on hand, but it seems likely that I 
should be able to send my cable out to have it lengthened.

Does anyone know if someone does this service?  I called Aircraft 
Spruce, and they said no.  I bet whoever they use to make their cables 
really could do it though.


More information about the Reflector mailing list