REFLECTOR: SPAM-LOW: Re: Signatures

Thomas Mann via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Thu Jul 3 07:54:51 CDT 2014


Reiff ….. don’t make me come over there ….


Brett Ferrell 

(LOL not really but a great Idea)





From: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎July‎ ‎3‎, ‎2014 ‎7‎:‎40‎ ‎AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list






Sid,

Email service providers have started cracking down on messages that don't have valid "from" addresses. This helps combat spam, but is a problem for mailing lists like the Reflector or the VOBA forum, which are re-sending members' messages and trying to preserve the original "from" address. The spam filters are seeing the Reflector server sending messages "from" AOL, gMail, and other domains, and they think it must be spam because messages from this server should all be from tvbf.org.

Brian can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this change in filter policies had necessitated a change in the way messages are forwarded to list subscribers. Instead of forwarding the message as if it were from the original sender, the messages now have to have a from address that matches the server that is (re)sending them.

It's great that service providers are cracking down on spam, but I don't like what it's done to email-based groups.

One possible benefit . . . it's comforting to know I can anonymously email the community the next time I have a really embarrassing question! (Or even better, I'll sign Brett Ferrell's name to it!)

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 60% complete
Currently working on: Negotating with the airport for hangar space
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140703/4f3d88ea/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list