REFLECTOR: Approach Fast Stack vs. manual wiring

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Sun Jan 19 09:37:32 CST 2014


Patrick,

Thanks.

I'm aware of what the system does. But I'm looking for some numbers to help
me decide on dropping the 1.5K on the acquisition. Specifically, real world
number on install time for traditional wiring vs. the Fast Stack.

-Don


On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Patrick Sieders <pjsieders at comcast.net>wrote:

> Don,
>
> I am installling the Approach Fast Stack.
>
> For me there are a few reasons to use it :
>
> 1. professionally built connectors will make for better connections than I
> can ever solder.
> 2. 1 wire tree from the instrument to the approach fast stack box. much
> neater and easier to troubleshoot wire issues.
> 3. when you want/need to change equipment, it will be easier to changout
> just one wirebundle vs. having to find those wires in the bundle behind you
> panel while laying upside down.. you get the picture..
>
> I haven't gotten the cables yet, but I have the box and am installing the
> instruments at this time into the panel. Tim Hass seems very helpful sofar
> and my questions were answered quickly.
>
> Yes it's most probably more expensive, but I think it will be worth it.
>
> gr. Patrick Sieders
> XLFG-5
>
>
>
> Sent from my ASUS Pad
>
> Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to decide on purchasing the Approach Fast Stack.
>
> Has anyone manually wired avionics and used the Fast Stack Hub? If so,
> what is the delta in time for wiring between the two methods?
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140119/899f9a49/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list