REFLECTOR: Fuel system install

John Tvedte johnt at comp-sol.com
Fri Jan 3 11:43:50 CST 2014


I too used finger strainers – per Scott Swing I also used ½” tubing -  he sent me some very nice strainers for use with the ½” tubing and AN fittings.

Also note Tom’s mentioning the use of the small pocket for the finger strainer.

John

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Tom Falls
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2014 8:10 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel system install

Per Scott Swing's methods at the time (early 2012) I used finger strainers and hard points.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/fingstrainers.php?clickkey=15145

Also (like Scott) I created a small pocket in the bottom of the strake for the finger strainer. To do this, remove approx 5" x 5" area of inner skin and foam from the bottom strake where it contacts the fuselage. Then cover this with a couple of layers of BID.

Tom

On Jan 3, 2014, at 7:58 AM, Bob Huntingford <bhunting at telusplanet.net<mailto:bhunting at telusplanet.net>> wrote:
The factory suggested that shut off valves be put inline in case you ever need to remove the sump tank you don't need to drain the strakes first. which I did. See attached picture. I will wire them open so I don't have a loss of fuel during flight. As for the fuel feed lines I put in four hard points and used AN fittings for both fuel and vent lines. This way they can be removed for cleaning and re installed without any problems. I still placed a screen over the fuel line inside the strake..

Bob Huntingford
Velocity XL-FG

On 1/2/2014 9:53 PM, Glenn Falkenberg wrote:
Hi All
I have a two part question for the group on fuel system installation.  First what is the general thought on the use of a fuel tank selector valve.  Are their advantages or a necessity for using one?  What are the pros and cons?  Second does anyone have suggestions for installing the fuel feed line and strainer in the tank?  The manual says to just microglass the line in place and use a screen around the inlet.  I would like to use a more robust method, I.E. bulkhead fitting.  Any input is appreciated.
 Thanks
Glenn Falkenberg




_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

<DSC-384.jpg>
<bhunting.vcf>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140103/325843f2/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list