REFLECTOR: Fuel system install

Jerry Teitsma jteitsma at comcast.net
Thu Jan 2 23:41:51 CST 2014


I installed the fuel line in the tank as per directions but also installed a fuel filter on the engine side of the firewall, prior to the fuel pump.  



Jerry Teitsma 
Mail:  PO Box 796 
Shipping:  36 Co Rd 8951 
Granby, CO   80446 
Phone: 970-531-9641 
jteitsma at comcast.net 

----- Original Message -----

From: "Glenn Falkenberg" <airmech2 at gmail.com> 
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org> 
Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2014 9:53:15 PM 
Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel system install 

Hi All 
I have a two part question for the group on fuel system installation.   First what is the general thought on the use of a fuel tank selector valve.   Are their advantages or a necessity for using one?   What are the pros and cons?   Second does anyone have suggestions for installing the fuel feed line and strainer in the tank?   The manual says to just microglass the line in place and use a screen around the inlet.   I would like to use a more robust method, I.E. bulkhead fitting.   Any input is appreciated. 
  Thanks 
Glenn Falkenberg 

_______________________________________________ 
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery 
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140103/f3bf3e9d/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list