REFLECTOR: Door seals
Andrew Ellzey
ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 10:17:32 CST 2014
Ron,
This is what I am using instead of the factory seal. This is working great for me, easy to close the door, and no air leaks. http://www.mcmaster.com/#1120a321/=qvkyzb
I have attached an old photo, showing the seal installed. It takes approximately 12' for each door on an XL. I have since replaced this seal to get rid of the gap at the bottom that is shown in this photo.
Good luck,
Andrew Ellzey
N151AJ
XLRG
>________________________________
> From: Ron N VelocityXLFG <velocityxl at fastmail.fm>
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:52 AM
>Subject: REFLECTOR: Door seals
>
>
>Does any one know of a trick to make the door seals softer? My kit is
>over 14 years old and I
>think the rubber door seals that came with my kit are to hard now. The
>door closed fine
>before I installed the seals now I can not get the pins to insert into
>the latch .
>
>Ron
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140227/4600a51e/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: DSCN6719.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 311400 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140227/4600a51e/attachment-0001.jpg>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list