REFLECTOR: Door seals

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Wed Feb 26 09:34:48 CST 2014


I don't know about making the existing door seals softer. I went with seals
from McMaster-Carr. Extremely soft and seal pretty much air tight.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/120/3489/=qv24jo

I got a couple feet of different thicknesses to determine the best fit.

93085K13 & 93085K81 worked best for me.


On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Ron N VelocityXLFG
<velocityxl at fastmail.fm>wrote:

> Does any one know of a trick to make the door seals softer?  My kit is
> over 14 years old and I
> think the rubber door seals that came with my kit are to hard now. The
> door closed fine
> before I installed the seals now I can not get the pins to insert into the
> latch .
>
> Ron
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/
> listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140226/5b7ac95d/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list