REFLECTOR: spinner

Jerry Teitsma jteitsma at comcast.net
Fri Feb 21 11:05:18 CST 2014


Interesting discussion.  I may make one.  How did you apply the carbon fiber to the shaped foam? 

----- Original Message -----

From: nmflyer1 at aol.com 
To: reflector at tvbf.org 
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 9:25:11 AM 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: spinner 

That's what I'm going to have to do. Was thinking about starting the same way. Any words of advice?  
  
Kurt 


-----Original Message----- 
From: Ron N VelocityXLFG <velocityxl at fastmail.fm> 
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org> 
Sent: Fri, Feb 21, 2014 9:20 am 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: spinner 

How about making your own :) I did  made mine  out of Carbon fiber. Fun thing to do during the winter months. 
Ron 

On 2/21/2014 7:10 AM, Brett Ferrell wrote: 



You could look at Klaus' or Ken Miller's spinners.  They're KISS style as well.  I used a Miller on my Catto, but I replaced the glass bulkhead with metal after Zietlin's prop loss incident. 
  
Miller http://long-ez.com/custom-parts.html 
  
Klaus http://www.lightspeedengineering.com/Services/Spinner.htm 
  
-- 
Brett Ferrell 
  
  
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014, at 09:33 PM, David Ullman wrote: 

<blockquote>

I am finally going to paint N-444DX, my Velosity SEFG.  It has about 120 
hours on it, so it is about time.  I need a spinner.  I have a Catto 
fixed 
pitch prop.  He recommends Chris Wade's spinners.  Unfortunately Chris 
died 
in a mid air collision last year.  His family is still making spinners, 
but 
I am not sure of the quality. 
  
The Wade spinners have a plate that bolts onto the crush plate with the 
prop 
bolts and the spinner fastens to this plat.  It does not extend over the 
prop blades.  The only shape they are making is the Hersey Kiss. 
  
Any other ideas?  I didn't see much on Spruce or anywhere else. 
  
  
David Ullman 
N444DX 
President EAA 292 
541-760-2338 
david at davidullman.com 
  
  
  
  
_______________________________________________ 
To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 
  
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery 
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 




_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 

</blockquote>

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 


_______________________________________________ 
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery 
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140221/9559bfea/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list