REFLECTOR: spinner

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Fri Feb 21 10:29:29 CST 2014


That's a nice job Ron,  I was thinking of doing the same, need to borrow a
lathe though... what did you do for the back Plate?

 

Alex

 

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Ron N VelocityXLFG
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 10:18 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: spinner

 

How about making your own :) I did  made mine  out of Carbon fiber. Fun
thing to do during the winter months.
Ron

On 2/21/2014 7:10 AM, Brett Ferrell wrote:

You could look at Klaus' or Ken Miller's spinners.  They're KISS style as
well.  I used a Miller on my Catto, but I replaced the glass bulkhead with
metal after Zietlin's prop loss incident.

 

Miller http://long-ez.com/custom-parts.html

 

Klaus http://www.lightspeedengineering.com/Services/Spinner.htm

 

-- 

Brett Ferrell

 

 

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014, at 09:33 PM, David Ullman wrote:

I am finally going to paint N-444DX, my Velosity SEFG.  It has about 120

hours on it, so it is about time.  I need a spinner.  I have a Catto

fixed

pitch prop.  He recommends Chris Wade's spinners.  Unfortunately Chris

died

in a mid air collision last year.  His family is still making spinners,

but

I am not sure of the quality.

 

The Wade spinners have a plate that bolts onto the crush plate with the

prop

bolts and the spinner fastens to this plat.  It does not extend over the

prop blades.  The only shape they are making is the Hersey Kiss. 

 

Any other ideas?  I didn't see much on Spruce or anywhere else.

 

 

David Ullman

N444DX

President EAA 292

541-760-2338

david at davidullman.com

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit

http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

 

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html






_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
 
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140221/48075542/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list