REFLECTOR: Question about installing clamps

Phil Hooper via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Dec 15 16:53:28 CST 2014


Collective:

I've noticed on some Velocities that builders have fastened rubber lined
cable clamps inside the fuselage and nose directly to the skin using
screws, going into the foam.  I thought we were to always install hard
points.

One builder has advised he has driven screws in the skin and never had one
vibrate loose.

I've thought about drilling a small hole, injecting cabo, flox or micro and
then driving in the screw.

What's the established, safe practice?  I'm hoping to avoid a jungle of
hard points which seems overkill.

Thanks very much.

-- 

-- 

*Phil Hooper*President
 *Harvest Development & Media Inc.*
19851 Yorba Linda Blvd., Suite 204
Yorba Linda, CA 92886

*voice:* 714.693.8745
*fax:* 714.777.0134
*web:* http://www.hdmnet.com/
*email:* phil at hdmnet.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20141215/44fae7fb/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list