REFLECTOR: pressure switch

Laurence Coen via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Dec 1 11:05:33 CST 2014


Kevin,

When the gear switch is in the down position, the up pressure switch is disconnected so it doesn't matter if it's open or closed.  There is valve arraignment in the pump that is likely sticking that causes a pressure spike that trips the down pressure switch.  It may be that the down pressure switch trips at too low a pressure.

Larry Coen
N136LC


From: via Reflector 
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2014 9:40 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org 
Subject: REFLECTOR: pressure switch


Good morning all,

Quick post to the group, has anyone out there had an issue with the landing gear pump not functioning on occasion when the gear is put in the "gear down" position? I am wondering if it is an adjustment problem on my "up" pressure switch. Some times when I try to put the gear down, the pump will come on momentarily and then turn off. I then have to pull the pressure relief handle (emergency gear down) and the pump will come on. I then move the emergency handle back to closed and gear come down normally. This has always been there as an anomaly, but seems to be getting worse as I progress into flight testing.

Kevin Metzler
N133SV 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20141201/ec825a34/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list