REFLECTOR: Mysterious bags of stuff...
Luciano, Luis I CIV PEOSUB, PMS404P via Reflector
reflector at tvbf.org
Fri Aug 1 08:17:29 CDT 2014
Thanks Don & Glenn for the feedback.
Regards,
Luis
-----Original Message-----
From: n6408s at gmail.com [mailto:n6408s at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Don Johnston
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:54 AM
To: Luciano, Luis I CIV PEOSUB, PMS404P; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Mysterious bags of stuff...
Here's my take:
Micro is kind of like a cross between sand and flour.
Cabo is almost like dandelion seeds. VERY light and fluffy. Much more so than micro.
Milled fiber is HEAVY. Very fine and you can pinch it into a clump.
Flox.is lighter than milled fiber, but heavier than micro and cabo.
Don
On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Luciano, Luis I CIV PEOSUB, PMS404P via Reflector <reflector at tvbf.org> wrote:
It has been a while since I had to do any filling and when rummaging through my matls to pick up the effort, I found that I could no longer distinguish between my fillers. These were ordered from the factory years ago but delivered unlabeled which I didn't notice at the time. I should have microballoon, flocked cotton, milled fiber, cabosil - but, in reality, have three bags of VERY SIMILAR LOOKING "white stuff".
I'm pretty confident I can identify microballoon as when I opened the ziplock bag slightly, it blew out in a whisp of fine dust very easily... I had no mask/respirator at the time :(
The other two bags show a slight visual difference between them but I can't tell from looking which is flocked cotton, milled fiber, or cabosil... can the collective assist in providing visual clues to distinguish between them. Any quick test that I could use (eg: magnifying glass, burn flame color, water absorption, acid/vinegar test on a sample, other)?
Thanks
Luis Luciano
Velocity XL-5 "Dulcinea"
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 5615 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140801/58c52c56/attachment.bin>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list