REFLECTOR: Low Fuel Warning Sensor False Reading: SOLVED?
Alex Balic
velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Mon Apr 28 12:05:21 CDT 2014
Back seat/valence panel?
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Dave Philipsen
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 11:43 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Low Fuel Warning Sensor False Reading: SOLVED?
Are you flying without the back seat?
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD FG
N83DP
On 4/28/2014 9:55 AM, Brian Michalk wrote:
> An update to those of you using an optical fuel level sensor.
>
> I had installed the Carlo Gavazzi sensor from McMaster Carr (
> http://www.mcmaster.com/#liquid-level-sensors/=rqf988 ) because it's a
> solid state optical sensor that should never wear out.
>
> I have had problems with it falsely indicating a low fuel situation in
> the sump. Finally yesterday while flying I deduced that whenever I
> flew west towards the sun, the low fuel light would illuminate, and
> when I flew east away from the sun, the light would extinguish.
>
> The manual does say the device doesn't work in sunlight, but I never
> considered bright light to be the culprit. I am going to fly with the
> sump covered with material to confirm my suspicions. If confirmed, I
> will be painting the sump tank so that sunlight will not penetrate the
> sump.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check
new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list