REFLECTOR: Thanks, great resource!

Mike Dawson medawson250 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 22:54:27 CDT 2014


As I stated before scheduling was difficult but at least my DAR got back to me.
Never did well with the office side of the Tracon, FSDO, however, the guy that I worked with in MIDO was cool. He actually did the work with the rocket velocity guys and had the pictures to prove it. I guess a few of us F.A.A.ers, are ok...LOL.

Michael E Dawson
ATCI CFII


> On Apr 9, 2014, at 8:25 PM, Kurt Winker <nmflyer1 at aol.com> wrote:
> 
> Just wanted to say thanks for this forum and all who participate, stalk, and watch. 
> 
> My recent request for some data for my antiquated equipment was met with ideas, help, advice & sound information, and pretty quickly at that. 
> 
> Compare this, if you will, (insert best Rod Serling Accent), with my recent experience with finding a DAR:
> 
> Went to the Albuquerque FSDO. They said they had no interest in doing my airworthiness inspection.   Hmmm.  Even after 33 years of Air Traffic, I have never been too fond of the office side of the FAA. Point reinforced.... 
> 
> Called a DAR that I heard good things about, and had done inspections on a few friends aircraft. 
> Waited 2 weeks, no response. 
> 
> Called back. Finally got a,return call. Was told that he would Email me a list, some things needed to be sent to him before the inspection. I told him I would have the stuff returned In a couple hours. I found it odd that he laughed. 
> 
> I emailed all his requests to him within a couple hours, and requested confirmation of receipt. 
> Nada. 
> 
> Another email a couple days later... Asking if he received my stuff. Said he got an email from me, and would look at it this weekend... (Ended 3 days ago).  Still....Nothing. 
> 
> Called a different DAR ... & again, had to leave a message. Nada again. 
> 
> Wondering if others have had this kind of experience. Perhaps it is my profession, but I have no patience for actions like this. Yes, no, or maybe.... Answer the damn question! ... 
> 
> Whew.  Better now.  Kind of. 
> 
> Again, this forum is pretty damn cool when you think about it!  
> Thanks all! 
> 
> Kurt. 
> 
> 
> 
> Sent from my iPad
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list