REFLECTOR: Airpark Homes insurance
steve hord
steve at hord.com
Tue Sep 24 11:06:06 CDT 2013
Its going to vary by State. What State are you trying to buy in?
On 9/24/2013 10:50 AM, reflector-request at tvbf.org wrote:
> Send Reflector mailing list submissions to
> reflector at tvbf.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> reflector-request at tvbf.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> reflector-owner at tvbf.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Reflector digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Airpark Property Lender (Mark Magee)
> 2. Re: Gear up approach. (Brett Ferrell)
> 3. Re: Airpark Property Lender (Tom Cacek)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:05:27 -0500
> From: Mark Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com>
> To: Reflector <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Cc: Mark Blue Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com>
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Airpark Property Lender
> Message-ID: <E00B7F23-49D3-4C8E-88AE-2FC388685958 at gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> All,
> Sorry in advance for an off-axis topic, yet important in my aviation: anyone know of a lender who lends on Airpark (airport home) properties?
> Striking out with my usual channels on this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark B. Magee
> N34XL XLFG
> Sent from IPhone 4S
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 11:44:25 -0400
> From: Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com>
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Gear up approach.
> Message-ID:
> <1380037465.8601.25883161.488E760F at webmail.messagingengine.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> I can see that with a fixed pitch, when we flew fixed pitch it was very
> hard to slow down, but with the CS prop it drops right in. Maybe it's
> still very different than having the gear out with a CS, but we don't
> have an issue getting down with the prop in.
>
>
>
> --
> Brett Ferrell
> reflector at velocityxl.com
>
>
>
>
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013, at 09:43 AM, Tom Cacek wrote:
>
> Regarding gear ups. Has anyone else tried "intentionally" a approach
> to over the fence with the gear up. Don't know about your velocities,
> but I know I am chomping at the bit to get the gear down so I can slow
> the thing down in the pattern. Also, the visual approach attitude is
> quite different too. In my stable I have a SeaRey that because of it's
> anfibian attributes has "re-positioning" gear which retracts up to
> clear the water line, yet don't tuck away. That along with the thing
> being a drag queen, it has no different flight characteristics
> depending on where the gear is. That is the plane that will probably
> get me some day (those that have, and those that will). The velocity
> talks to much and tells you if the gear aren't down. You just need to
> listen. That being said, I also have a throttle switch, but have never
> needed it (YET).
>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Tue, Sep 24, 2013 9:27 am
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 102, Issue 82
>
>
> I agree, checklists are the key to a safe and uneventful flight.
>
> My Runnup list has a check doors item,
> My GUMPS check of course has an Undercarriage item
> My Over the fence check again has an undercarriage item.
>
> I don't have a door indicator light.
>
> I do have a throttle position/gear position siren that is unusually
> loud. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to a gear up
> landing incident recording from the tower with the gear warning clearly
> in the background and just as clearly ignored.
>
> When you loose focus on what you should be doing, aviating, its
> astounding what you can not see or hear. Thats why checklists work.
>
> Scott
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 102, Issue 82
> From: Kurt Winker <[1]nmflyer1 at aol.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <[2]reflector at tvbf.org>
> Date: 09/23/2013 08:54 PM
>
>> Or. One could follow the checklists & remain vigilant. I don't necessarily
> disagree with the point, but people, in general, are taking less & less
> responsibility for their situations.
>> Cease abdicating responsibility and do your job as PIC.
>>
>> Kurt.
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Sep 23, 2013, at 20:49, Tim Rhodenbaugh <[3]timrhod at aol.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So in all this discussion where are the warning systems to alert pilots of
> open doors or gear still up. In my XLRG I have a door unlatched warning light
> right in my face. It paid off well one day when from vibration my door
> mechanism came apart and the pins slid out of their housings. I immediately got
> a warning door open light . I checked my door and sure enough it was no longer
> latched. I had to hold it closed with the Handle until I landed. I have two
> gear up warnings. One is a audible " landing gear" "landing gear" and is based
> on air speed. The second warning is a shrill siren as in so loud you can't
> ignore it and it is based on throttle position. I know even with these it is
> possible to have something go wrong but a whole lot less likely . Let's design
> into our planes as much safety as we can. Tim Rhodenbaugh. N 370TR XLRG
>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>
>>> On Sep 23, 2013, at 7:51 PM, John Dibble <[4]aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Good advice. And then there are distractions. In my 1000 hours flying RG,
> I never forgot to lower my gear.....except once. I was returning to my airport
> at night. The runway lights and beacon were out, but the notam wasn't yet
> issued, so I had no idea. Using my standard procedure, I set up on a 10 mile
> final using my gps. The runway lights seemed faint (that's because they were
> the taxiway lights) and that caused me to focus on them. Yeah, I was flying the
>
> plane just fine. When I was about 30' above the "runway", I noticed the white
> markings of the real runway off to my left and realized I was over the taxiway.
>
> I added power, and climbed. As I made the turn to go around, that's when I
> realized my gear was up. Glad I didn't decide to land on the taxiway!
> Fortunately someone was at the airport and I had him position his truck at the
> beginning of the runway with lights on, so I could get lined up with the runway
> and I landed, no problem.
>>>> John
>>>>
>>>> On 9/23/2013 6:02 PM, Patrick Sieders wrote:
>>>>> Not to judge
>>>>>
>>>>> What Scott wrote is certainly true, and is hammered on in my company flying
> the 'big metal' around. The chain is there to be broken and it will if we will
> remember to always fly the aircraft.
>>>>> No matter what breaks, your first instinct should always be " Aviate,
> Navigate, Communicate". This is certainly something that is not practiced a lot,
>
> and you really have to force yourself to take a deep breath sometimes, count to
> 10 and then work the problem. But never, EVER forget to fly first !
>>>>> Oh, and forget about all the electronic wizardry.. fly old style, just
> remember some the the high profile accidents we have had lately... Asiana, Air
> france, Colgan Air..
>>>>> Something we as a group need to think about and be able to discuss. I hate
> to bring this up in a sensitive time, but it needs to be communicated.
>>>>> Hope they willbe back home soon and recovering quickly.
>>>>> Patrick Sieders
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> To change your email address, visit [5]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/
> reflector
>>>> Visit the gallery! [6]www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>> Check new archives: [7]www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>> Check old archives: [8]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit [9]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/r
> eflector
>>> Visit the gallery! [10]www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: [11]www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: [12]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit [13]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/r
> eflector
>> Visit the gallery! [14]www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: [15]www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: [16]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
> --
> He who has injured thee was either stronger or weaker than thee. If
> weaker, spare him; if stronger, spare thyself.
> William Shakespeare
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit [17]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/ref
> lector
>
> Visit the gallery! [18]www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: [19]www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: [20]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> To change your email address, visit
> [21]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>
> Check old archives:
> [22]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> References
>
> 1. mailto:nmflyer1 at aol.com
> 2. mailto:reflector at tvbf.org
> 3. mailto:timrhod at aol.com
> 4. mailto:aminetech at bluefrog.com
> 5. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 6. http://www.tvbf.org/gallery
> 7. http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> 8. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 9. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 10. http://www.tvbf.org/gallery
> 11. http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> 12. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 13. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 14. http://www.tvbf.org/gallery
> 15. http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> 16. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 17. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 18. http://www.tvbf.org/gallery
> 19. http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> 20. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 21. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 22. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130924/b83a4d6d/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 11:49:53 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Tom Cacek <hytec45 at aol.com>
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Airpark Property Lender
> Message-ID: <8D08754D8508AE1-2174-21BED at webmail-d249.sysops.aol.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
>
> Don't know what state your in, but call my friend Julie Fetcko at 386-467-8000 (Office) or Cell at 386-559-0160. She specializes in airport properties here in North Central Florida. She could steer you in the right direction.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mark Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com>
> To: Reflector <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Cc: Mark Blue Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com>
> Sent: Tue, Sep 24, 2013 11:06 am
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Airpark Property Lender
>
>
> All,
> Sorry in advance for an off-axis topic, yet important in my aviation: anyone
> know of a lender who lends on Airpark (airport home) properties?
> Striking out with my usual channels on this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark B. Magee
> N34XL XLFG
> Sent from IPhone 4S
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130924/5c20367c/attachment.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>
> End of Reflector Digest, Vol 102, Issue 87
> ******************************************
>
--
Steve Hord
Cardinal Home Inspection
(850) 215-4700 Direct
(850) 215-5255 Fax
More information about the Reflector
mailing list