REFLECTOR: Scott steering dampener XLFG

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Tue Sep 17 12:18:38 CDT 2013


I should also mention that after pulling the bushing, only about half of 
it appeared to be glassed.  It's difficult to ensure that there's enough 
micro around a bushing without getting it all over the place.

On 9/17/2013 12:05 PM, Brian Michalk wrote:
> I had a pallet of stupid, more than a case.
>
> I got too slow on final because of bad usability design with engine knobs.
>
> I plopped it down really hard, and slightly bent a main landing gear 
> bolt, and delaminated its bushing.  It's one tough airplane.
>
> On 9/17/2013 11:32 AM, Jim & Sharon Beck wrote:
>> I had a case of stupid and got too slow, stalled the canard, dropped 
>> the nose wheel a little hard. my azusa wheel broke, its amazing how 
>> fast  you can stop skidding the front fork, I now have the matco wheel.
>> Jim 173 Elite RG 550 + hours
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 3:33 AM, Scott Baker <scottb33333 at gmail.com 
>> <mailto:scottb33333 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 9/16/2013 5:10 PM, John Dibble wrote:
>>>     Thanks.  I have the Azusa, 1200 hours, no problems.  Have there
>>>     been many problems?
>>>
>>>     John
>>>
>>     There have been a few failures of the Azusa nose wheel, more so
>>     with heavy weighted XL models.
>>     Some Azusa castings that have a "Do not exceed (x) mph" warning
>>     with a value that is much lower than the normal touchdown speed
>>     of the Velocity.
>>     Still - there are many, many Velocity aircraft in normal service
>>     with the Azusa nose wheel.
>>     The Matco wheel is definitely the better wheel (stronger, rated
>>     for higher speeds).
>>     Scott B.
>>
>>
>>
>>     _______________________________________________
>>     To change your email address, visit
>>     http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>     Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>>     user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>     Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>     <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>>     Check old archives:
>>     http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visithttp://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives:www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives:http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130917/3f2ddd9a/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list