REFLECTOR: Almost ready to fly, again.

jerry at jlbent.com jerry at jlbent.com
Tue Sep 3 11:46:58 CDT 2013


Good to know.  May make the insurance solution easier until things settle
down again.


Jerry Brainard
Jerry at JLBEnt.com


   	-------Original Message-------
From: Douglas Holub <douglas.holub at gmail.com>
To: jerry at jlbent.com, Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
<reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Almost ready to fly, again.
Sent: Sep 03 '13 11:13am


Fixed.
----- Original Message -----
From: [LINK: mailto:jerry at jlbent.com] jerry at jlbent.com
To: [LINK: mailto:reflector at tvbf.org] Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders
list
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Almost ready to fly, again.

Doug,

Is you bird classified as a retract or fixed gear for insurance purposes?


Jerry Brainard
[LINK: mailto:Jerry at JLBEnt.com] Jerry at JLBEnt.com


   	-------Original Message-------
From: Douglas Holub <[LINK: mailto:douglas.holub at gmail.com]
douglas.holub at gmail.com>
To: [LINK: mailto:reflector at tvbf.org] reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Almost ready to fly, again.
Sent: Sep 02 '13 10:30pm


My plane has been in dry dock for 3 years now while I painted it, moved the
batteries from the nose to beneath the back seat, replaced one of the
Plasma IIIs with a magneto, and other miscellaneous changes I wanted to
make after flying in primer for 135 hours.  The plane is 2.5 hours from
where I'm working now, so I haven't been able to spend as much time on it
as I would have liked.  But this weekend I finally got the magneto all
hooked up and taxied around for about 20 minutes to get the oil hot, and
took some pictures.

So here's a few pictures of my simple paint scheme.  The stripes are
painted, not decals. There's a big blue stripe down the middle of the
bottom of the fuselage as wide as the one on the nose gear.  I thought it
might make the plane easier to spot from the ground.

I won't paint another airplane because I'm not very good at it.  But I
wanted to try it.  There's a lot of orange peel.  But now it's sealed and
protected with that cross linked yacht paint.

Doug Holub
2009 Standard FG w/ electric nose lift
          --------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector]
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html]
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
          --------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130903/835d0de9/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list